Close Sidebar
Type & Hit Enter To Search
Recent Comments
    • No categories


    On March 6th, 1884 the Toronto Public Library officially opened in the old Mechanics’ Institute building. This new free library system was considered to be “A Chance for the Sons of Toil“.

    When the Toronto Reference Library opened in its current location in 1977 it was referred to as “The People’s University“.

    Back to Sign